Welding Schools and Training in Oregon
Oregon is a great state in the US where there are many industries that needs professional welders. The State of Oregon also a wonderful place of relaxation be of its beauty with abundant beautiful landscape. Oregon is a right place for people who want to become a professional welder and at the same time to be in a place that provides plenty of relaxation and excitement. But to become a professional welder, you need to have the right skills with welding certification.
The State of Oregon has technical schools for people who are seeking to become a professional welder. Oregon vocation and trade technical schools are about more than simply meeting industry needs and job openings. Welding schools in Oregon are the resources of every industry when they looking for the right person to join their force. If you are hard-working and the right skills from a welding technical school in Oregon, then you will always have job opportunity with an excellent pay.
If you are residing in Oregon, Bend or any other place in Oregon and you are interested to learn more about welding, you can always go to welding schools in Oregon so you can get a comprehensive welding education, which can be your ticket to take advantage of the many welding jobs available not only in Oregon, but also in other states and even abroad.
A welder is responsible for joining metal pieces, filling holes or patch seams for materials made of metals and alloys. Students can go to welding schools in Oregon to learn about the skills that they will need in order to apply for an entry-level position in various fields working with technical aspects. Below are examples of welding schools in Oregon:
- Portland Community College. Their welding programs were designed in such a way that students will have the freedom to enter and exit the program after they have completed their training. These programs are also made to adapt to a student’s specific needs. They have a two-year associate degree program and two certificate programs, where students can choose a one- or two-year track. Below are the programs:
- Welding Technology Certificate. Students can choose between one- and two-year certificate options. The one year program lasts three terms. The two-year certificate can be completed in six terms and requires many of the same courses as the other program.
- Associate of Applied Science in Welding Technology. They have eight welding categories. Aside from welding techniques, this program also teaches students to study blueprints, codes and standards of welding.
- Chemeketa Community College. This is a two-year public college offering certificate as well as degree programs in welding, where students can opt for a Welding Certificate of Completion or an Associate of Applied Science in Welding Fabrication.
Additional Oregon Technical Schools and Colleges
- Chemeketa Community College: Salem, Oregon
- Clackamas Community College: Oregon City, Oregon
- Lane Community College: Eugene, Oregon
- Mt Hood Community College: Gresham, Oregon
- Oregon State University: Corvallis, Oregon
- Portland Community College: Portland, Oregon
- Portland State University: Portland, Oregon